-Christine E. Sleeter, Professor Emerita, California State University, Monterey Bay
Welcome PreK - 12 Schools, Universities, Companies, Community Agencies, and Individuals.
The Multicultural International Development Company is pleased to offer you creative critical multicultural education strategies, curriculum development, professional development, artistic productions and exhibits, international cross cultural excursions, publishing opportunities, diversity empowerment life coaching & training, and more.
As a culturally creative education company that honors equity, inclusion, and diversity, MIDC is committed to giving high caliber and phenomenal services via customized events, professional development, curriculum enrichment and strategies for local, national and international learning and business communities.
MIDC focus areas include:
- WE (Women Empowerment) Network, a growing network of women that come together for critical discussions, supporting one another in entrepreneurship and female empowerment, participating in special events and retreats, and making lasting friendships
- "From Africa to America" participatory workshops for secondary schools, colleges, and educational agencies. These workshops demonstrate the importance of the arts in education as a tool for promoting social justice and equity
- Featured Books: Divine N Promise and The 25th Hour
- CCSI (Cross-Cultural Studies Institute) and consulting services, offers professional development in areas of equity, inclusion and diversity for K-12 schools, colleges/universities, and businesses
- KLM (Kuumba Learning Model) a cultural and creative intelligence curriculum and assessment tool for levels pre K - 16
- Unity through Creativity Productions, Inc., addresses real life social issues by leveraging the creative power of the arts to self-examine and and build greater awareness and appreciation of our pluralistic societies
- SUN (Scholars Unite Network) consists of Multicultural Global Webinars, Lectures, Chats, and Instruction with noted international scholars
- KO Publishers, is an alternative, creative, cross-cultural publication service, which publishes, promotes and presents diverse literary works of authors dedicated to enriching cultural understanding and appreciation. Genres include fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and education.
- Social Justice Education International Excursions and Programming
In Our Own Words...
We know you care about learning creative ways to communicate cross-culturally in today’s diverse world. Cross-cultural creative methods help in improving areas of business, education, social and environmental action. Consider consultation in our Kuumba (Creativity) Learning Model for curriculum and professional education development and purchasing our multicultural alternative books for classrooms, book clubs, and thoughtful gifts. Come on board with us on cultural travel excursions. Encourage your organizations to book social justice, anti-bias, and/or celebrations of culture through visual and performing art exhibits, workshops and performances. We are highly skilled in all of these areas and are delighted to serve you.
Fall/Winter 2020 Announcement
Coming Soon to WE Network:
MIDC WE Network is starting the fall & winter season virtual line-up of events with the theme of a “Women & Girls Empowerment Mindfulness Classroom” event. This event will interactively engage in harvesting the wisdom of life that we have gained in the wake of COVID-19, and from the current racial & political unrest.
Additionally, this cultural sustainability class session will be taught through storytelling, movement, song and discourse with the purpose of holistically strengthenIng ourselves, families and communities for the winter, and for times ahead.
WE Network's 30 Day/30 Minutes a Day Self-Love Bootcamp Challenge
Because of the difficult circumstances we're in so far in 2020, and because of our need to stay connected, the WE Network put together a 30-day, 30 minutes a day self-love virtual bootcamp. The bootcamp streamed live on Instagram every evening for 30 days, and covered a lot of topics surrounding self-love through discussions, interviews, and fun activities.
Most of our 30-day challenge videos have been added to our blog, so we encourage you to check them out! The bootcamp was a big success, and we're happy to be able to share the videos with you for current and future enjoyment and empowerment.
WE Network Retreats: Focusing on Personal Empowerment and Business Development
The WE Network just finished up an inspiring and memorable rejuvenation retreat in Joshua Tree, California from January 18th-20th, 2020. It was a wonderful weekend full of healing, relaxation, sisterhood, and lots of fun. We also recently held a Pre-Mother's Day retreat in Atlanta, Georgia, which was centered around female mental, spiritual, and physical empowerment.
In the upcoming year, WE Network will be organizing more retreats, and we would love for you to join us! Subscribe to our mailing list to receive news about upcoming retreats and events! Visit our WE Network 2020 Retreats page to learn more about events in the upcoming year.